WELCOME to St. Mary's Parish, Cochrane
A MESSAGE FROM FATHER ANDREW:
Waiting is an inevitable and even necessary aspect of our daily life, something that most of us do not enjoy. We wait in lines everyday: in supermarkets; in popular restaurants; in a bank; at the doctors' office; at stop signs; to see a movie. We also wait for a plant to grow; for babies to be born; for wounds to be healed; for children to grow and be mature.
A statistic shows that the average person would spend at least three years waiting in a life time of 70 years.
For believers, however, it is not inconceivable to think of the entire span of a human life as a period of waiting - waiting for the God who comes. During the Advent Season, in our liturgies, we hear the messages of the Prophet Isaiah who gives voice to the eager hope of his people who confidently awaited the Messiah and all that his reign would bring. John the Baptist proclaims that the waiting and messianic longing of the people would be answered.
But believers are expected to prepare for the coming of the Messiah through repentance and faith. Our Advent Season celebrations are great ways to achieve our 'Advent Goal' to welcome our Savior into our lives.
I wish you all a Happy and Joyful journey of this great season.
St. Mary's Catholic Church
We are just south of the town
and east off Hwy 22
at James Walker Trail & River Heights Drive,
To learn the story
CONFESSIONS & Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament with Benediction:
Saturdays 11 am – 12 noon
The SACRAMENT of RECONCILIATION:
Available 30 minutes prior to Daily Mass Tues - Fri.
INDIVIDUAL SACRAMENT of RECONCILIATION:
Every Wednesday from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm (during ADVENT)
and Every Saturday 11am to 12 noon
CHILDREN'S FIRST RECONCILIATION: December 8, Thursday at 7 pm
ADVENT PENITENTIAL SERVICE: December 22, Thursday at 7 pm
or Confessions by appointment
CHRISTMAS MASS SCHEDULE:
- Christmas Masses:
— December 24, Saturday at 6 pm (two Masses); 8 pm and 10 pm
— December 25, Sunday at 10 am
- New Year's Eve Mass, December 31, Saturday at 5 pm
- New Year's Mass, January 1, Sunday at 10 am
REGULAR MASS TIMES:
Sunday: 10:00 am
- WEEKDAY Masses
TUESDAY EVENING 7:00 pm
on the second TUESDAY of each month
at 1:30 in the AFTERNOON when Mass
is celebrated at Cochrane Bethany Care Center
on the second THURSDAY of each month
at 10:30 in the MORNING when Mass
is celebrated at Cochrane Big Hill Lodge
Are You NEW to the PARISH?
- We extend a warm welcome to new parishioners. Please take a moment to fill out a printable or online NEW PARISHIONER'S REGISTRATION FORM. Registration will ensure you're included in Parish communications. If using the printable form, scan and EMAIL or FAX (403-932-4587) it to our SECRETARY or just drop the hard copy into the collection basket next time you're at Mass. For a brochure explaining CATHOLIC STEWARDSHIP CLICK HERE.
- If you want to become actively involved in our parish community, a Ministry is a great way to do so. See the many MINISTRIES at St. Mary's CLICK HERE.
- To volunteer in one of our parish ministries, CLICK HERE for the printable or online VOLUNTEER/STEWARDSHIP sign-up FORM. Complete and return the printable form by placing it in the collection basket at Mass or drop off your form at the Parish Office.
CURRENT and UPCOMING EVENTS—Stay informed:
Parish Mission Statement:
We are a community of faith trusting in God's love, open to the gifts of the Holy Spirit working within each member, attempting to model ourselves on Christ, and called to serve Him in others.